Terms of Service
These terms will come into effect immediately for all new members and on 6 May 2021 for existing members.
Please note that prices and terms are subject to change without notice. Permanent members will be updated via email.
All new and current members must fill out our Digital Basecamp Membership Form
- For our full time members, we currently invoice monthly for the month in advance.
- We use Xero to send our invoices, payment instructions are attached within the invoice.
- All membership types must be paid in advance or on your day of arrival.
Highspeed WiFi (free for members)
- Network: Digital Basecamp
- Password: ***Password will be provided upon signup***
- Wired = 90Mbps / 90Mbps
- Basecamp has multiple CCTV cameras in operation at all times.
- Footage is held in the cloud for 30 days.
- Members are responsible for their own belongings and equipment. If your membership type allows, secure your belongings and valuables in the lockable storage provided. Your property is left in these lockable storage drawers entirely at your own risk.
- We will not be held responsible for any theft of or damage to your personal property.
All invoices must be paid in advance or on the day of arrival.
Casual Hot Desking Members (9am-5pm, M-F)
- $35 casual hotdesk per day 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri +gst
- $170 casual 5-day hotdesk 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri +gst
Hot Desking member’s access is from 9am – 5pm, Monday through Friday.
Full-time Members (24/7 Access)
- $160 per week +gst
- Minimum 4 weeks
FULL-TIME members: Basecamp is your office to use at any time of day or night as you require. Please check doors are locked when you leave and turn off the lights & heat pumps.
Your membership space should stay within a 1.2 m x 1.2m. Anything outside of this will be charged as an additional membership, unless negotiated otherwise.
Booking the Meeting Room
Full time members get access to our meeting room free of charge.
- $30 per hour for hot desking members +gst
- $50 per hour for all others ($300 for the day) +gst
- We use a Google Calendar to book the meeting room down stairs. You can view the booking calendar >> https://bit.ly/DigitalBasecampCalendarBookings.
- Or contact [email protected] and we can give you shared access to view and make bookings.
Digital Basecamp Doors
- Back Doors The back doors are always locked from the outside. When leaving through the back doors please ensure that the doors close properly.
- Front Stairwell Door This door stays unlocked during the day. If you are the last to leave for the day, please lock this door as you leave. If you’re ever unsure or uncertain if you’re the last one to leave, lock the door anyway.
- Down Stairs Sliding Doors We do not use the west sliding door with the digital basecamp logo. Instead enter and exit from the east sliding door with the blue summit triangle. The keyhole for this door is on the left-hand side as you enter.
- On the inside wall panel, we leave the door on EXIT during the day, so the opening sensor only works internally.
If you’re the last one to leave, set the door to LOCK then hit the EMERGENCY EXIT button to exit and the door will lock again behind you as you leave.
- It’s important to be mindful and respectful of your coworking neighbors. Here are a few guidelines to consider when working within Digital Basecamp.
- This agreement commences once you have completed the registration process, are approved, have paid in advance and are granted access to the space.
- You will be entitled to all the rights and privileges exercisable for the type of membership chosen (hotdesk/weekly/full-time member)
- Users cannot transfer this agreement to anyone else without prior written approval.
Fees & Charges
- For new members your first month’s pro-rated members fees are collected from you via credit/debit/invoice within 3-5 days from your membership acceptance date or on the day of your arrival (which ever comes first).
- Membership fees are not refundable.
- Your second credit/debit card/invoice charge for monthly membership fees and recurring products (parking) will be invoiced on the 20th of the month and is due by the 1st of the month following your initial registration date. Thereafter, subsequent monthly membership charges will be due on the first of every month. Each payment made is not refundable under any circumstances.
- Payments must be made in advance.
- If payment due for your membership is not honored for whatever reason within 7 days of the payment due date, you shall pay us 10% of the unpaid balance as a late fee.
- We may cancel your membership with immediate effect if you have breached any terms and conditions of this agreement, or membership fees or other charges remain unpaid and such a breach is not remedied by you within 7 days, after being notified by us. There will be no refunds if you do not notify us as described above.
- We reserve the right to transfer your delinquent balance over to a collection agency if the balance is not resolved within 30 days.
- You agree to advise us immediately of any change to the Members Details provided.
You may cancel your membership at any time by email after the payment of the first month’s fees. Your cancellation will take effect at the end of the month for which the final payment has been paid. You MUST send the email notification 72 hours prior to the beginning of the new month.
- Full time members (not casual hotdeskers) are free to bring guests into the building. However, guests need to be accompanied by members at all times. Please be courteous to other members when allowing guests within Basecamp.
We communicate primarily though email but also have a Facebook Messenger chat group for members, you are free to join us there, we only ask that your posts keep to topic (i.e. Basecamp business) and refrain from using it to share non-Basecamp related posts.
Printer Set Up Instructions
Our Community Manager will give you your own unique code to print.
Dedicated Desk printing rates (those staying longer than 4 weeks):
- 20 free B&W per month (A4)
- .15 per B&W (A4)
- .20 per B&W (A3)
- .75 per colour (A4)
- 1.00 per colour (A3)
Printing for hotdeskers & non full time members:
- .20 per B&W (A4)
- .25 per B&W (A3)
- 1.00 per colour (A4)
- 2.00 per colour (A3)
If you cannot get the printer to work and Potaua is not around then please call Steve Moulden from CopierWorld (027 280 8086).
- Car Parks are $25 per week +gst
- Digital Basecamp has seven allocated car parks. If you would like a carpark please contact Potaua or email us to see if one is available.
- There is free parking available in town a short walk from Basecamp on the Polynesian Spa side of Hinemaru St and down Hinemoa St.
- There is also paid parking out front where you can park for up to two hours. The parking wardens are ruthless so expect a parking ticket if you do not pay for parking or exceed the time limit.
- If you find someone in your parking spot, please take a photo and send it to [email protected]
Current Parking Spaces available (as of 6/04/2021):
- Keys are only available for full time members.
- Each set of keys need to be returned at the end of your membership. Please let us know if your keys are ever lost or go missing. There is a $50 deposit for keys, which will be forfeited if they are lost.
- Feel free to bring your breakfast, lunch or dinner. We have kitchens with fridges, ovens and microwaves both upstairs and downstairs. Please clean up after yourself and put any dirty dishes in the dishwashers once you’re done.
- We have free coffee, tea, sugar and milk for you.
- Yes the espresso machine does work, proceed with caution!
- Please ensure you have your own contents insurance. Digital Basecamp is not liable for any loss, theft or damage to your belongings.
- Our cleaner (Aunty Agnus) comes 2 times per week at various times.
- Aunty Agnus does vacuuming, spot mopping, dishwashers, toilets, bins & plant watering.
- She’ll sometimes give the desks a quick wipe, she collects dishes from desks (and even puts them back on the desk if they look like personal property!) but is instructed to not touch anything else on your desk.
- She does not do the dishes, so please clean up any cutlery, cups and plates that you use during the day and put them in the dishwasher.
- We are at alert level 1 – so please take general precautions.
- Click here for our Covid Level 2 policy
- Please see the emergency evacuation policy here.
- You agree to comply with the Terms of Service displayed here and to opening hours, use of facilities and your conduct. We may make reasonable changes to these rules at any time provided that we give you advance notice of the change.
- If we take no action or let you off any breach of this agreement or give you extra time to pay or comply, it will not stop us enforcing the terms of this agreement strictly at a future date.
- Our failure to enforce any of our rights at any time, for any period and for whatever reason will not be construed as a waiver of such rights; neither will any failure to identify or act upon your breach of the terms of this agreement be deemed to be an affirmation by us that your behavior is acceptable.
- Except where permitted by this agreement, neither party may alter the terms and conditions without the written agreement of the other party and no written or oral representation by either party will serve to modify or amend these terms and conditions in any way.
- Any and all businesses engaged in criminal activity or behavior which violates NZ law are prohibited from Digital Basecamp. Any business or person(s) discovered to be engaging in illegal activities subsequent to joining Digital Basecamp will be banned from our premises, and no refunds will be given. By signing up for a membership at Digital Basecamp you are agreeing to the terms that you will not use the space to conduct any illegal operations or activities.
Limitation of Liability
- We will not be liable to you for any failure or delay in performing any of our obligations under this agreement or for any loss or damage to property if the failure, delay, loss or damage was due to any cause beyond our reasonable control
- Any warranties and other terms implied by statute or common law are excluded from this agreement to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- We will not be liable for any loss that results from our failure to comply with this agreement for any loss of income or revenue; loss of profit; loss of business; loss of anticipated savings; pure economic loss or loss of data.
Become a Member
If you would like to join as a member (hot desking or fulltime) >> CLICK HERE and we’ll get in touch with you.